These are some possible causes of skin conditions:
-Cold sores and chicken pox = immune system is trying to fight off internal infection
- Rash, hives or acne = allergic reaction to food or medications or may indicate a food sensitivity that has become a toxic overload to the digestive tract.
- Yellowish skin tone = problem with liver. This requires evaluation by a medical professional
Also, imbalances in the digestive tract can cause skin disorders:
- Poor digestion and absorption
- Not enough "good" bacteria (gut flora) in the digestive tract
- Overgrowth of candida yeast
- Leaky gut
To support your digestive system, eat foods that are rich in prebiotic and probiotics. These can be the fermented foods like yogurt, sauerkraut or kim chee.
To reduce the overgrowth of candida yeast, avoid sugar, flour and other starchy foods.
To manage leaky gut, investigate possible food intolerance, such as gluten or lactose. This can be done with an elimination/ challenge diet with the suspected food.
A consult with a Naturopath or Health Consultant might help you evaluate the source of a skin condition. Knowing the source gives you a plan of action that treats the cause not the symptom of a skin condition.